Studying media and communication in Turkey is a dream coming true for many students in secondary education. The reason is that the discipline inspires a love of creativity through searching for information, gathering information, writing reports, and editing news.
Many of these young students want to study media and communication because Turkish universities offer new as well as advanced educational programs to train leaders in the modern media industry. However, The concept of modern media is about using modern technology communication tools for information, news, and reporting. While, In the School of Mass Media, students learn communication skills and how to use these tools to connect with the public.
What Are The Conditions To Study Media And Communication In Turkey?
- High school diploma or certificates translated into English or Turkish.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Personal photograph with white background.
- The YOS test is compulsory at some universities (if you wish to study at a public university in Turkey).
- Students who wish to study in English must present a TOEFL or IELTS certificate or a document proving the successful completion of the language exam of the desired university.
- Tomer certificate (Turkish language proficiency) at C1 level.
How Long Does It Take To Study Media And Communication In Turkey?
- A Bachelor's degree in Media and Communication requires entry to a full-time four-year university.
- To study the media specialization in the Turkish language, an additional academic year is added to study the Turkish language.
- An additional year of preparatory study in English is required for the Media and Communication degree program in English.
Feature Of Studying Media And Communication In Turkey
- Turkish universities provide world-class higher education matching international standards.
- The professors of the Faculty of Media and Communication are selected academics.
- Media and communication studies in Turkish universities are featured by an applied approach that enhances students' journalistic and media skills.
- Workshops on journalistic presentation and preparation are organized at the Professional Center of Media and Journalism.
- Strong communication skills in small classes, in an international environment, with students from all over the world.
- Tuition fees and cost of living are affordable in Turkey.
Media And Communication Universities In Turkey
Today, all universities in Turkey offer media and communication degrees. Therefore, admission to a Turkish university is almost guaranteed if you want to study this discipline. While most Turkish universities have high national and international rankings.
Top public universities to study media and communication in Turkey
Best private universities to study media and communication in Turkey
- Bahcesehir University, in English, for 7900$ a year;
- Istanbul Bilgi University, in English, for 5250$ a year;
- Kadir Has University, in English, for 9,000$ a year;
- Nisantasi University, in English, for 2,950$ a year;
- University of Istinye, in English, for 4234$ a year;
- Istanbul Okan University, in English, for 7900$ a year;
- Bennet University, in English, for 3,000$ a year.
In general, this specialization is one of the best programs in Turkey. While, Study Media and Communication is one of the most interesting studies in Turkey.