How do I start studying in Turkey, it is one of the questions that occupy many students around the world as Turkey is one of the greatest countries in which you can study, whether in public colleges with low tuition fees or through a Turkish government scholarship, where in Turkey there is some There are approximately 120 public universities and 80 private universities, and Turkish universities, especially private universities, are distinguished by specialization, for example, there are universities that specialize in studying medicine in all its branches, and others that specialize in studying engineering in all its branches, and so on, which makes it easier for you to choose the university you want to study in .
How do I start studying in Turkey - the comprehensive guide
Turkey is one of the best educational destinations for international students in general and Arab students in particular, as it is an incubator for everyone without discrimination, and therefore many students around the world are looking for an answer to the question of how to start studying in Turkey, and it strives to provide the highest level of educational services that every student is looking for during his study.
We can say that studying in Turkey entails studying in a professional educational environment, a variety of academic disciplines that allow each student to choose the most suitable for his abilities, accredited scientific certificates that open local and international markets for graduates to find suitable job opportunities, and average costs of study that can be compared to those existing In many European countries.
In the following paragraphs, we will review the answer to the question of how to start studying in Turkey and the requirements for admission to public and private Turkish universities, in addition to an overview of the Turkish scholarships offered by the Turkish government to outstanding students from all over the world, especially from Arab countries.
The most important conditions for admission to Turkish public universities
Admission requirements for public universities in Turkey are rather difficult, especially for medical and engineering majors, as most universities require the Turkish Yös test or international tests such as the American SAT .
But there are also a large number of universities that only accept high school diplomas for students, but of course most of the high-value universities require the Turkish Yös test or international tests such as the American SAT .
Documents required to apply to Turkish public universities
- A copy of the high school diploma that must be translated and notarized, as well as amended by the Turkish Directorate of Education or the Turkish Embassy in the country in which the student is located, provided that the amendment is not required at the time of registration, but must be done once acceptance is confirmed.
- A copy of the student’s passport as long as it is valid at the time of application. It should be noted that some universities require a translation of the passport while others do not.
- A personal photo with a fully transparent white background.
- If language credentials are not available, the student will be submitted for admission to a mafia test.
- Some institutions only require the Turkish YOS test or the American SAT test as a prerequisite for admission, while others accept the high school diploma directly.
- Some universities charge a research fee for the admission application, and this fee is non-refundable if the application is not accepted.
The most important conditions for admission to private Turkish universities
Many Arab students enroll in private Turkish universities for ease of application and they have a high acceptance rate, however, despite the ease of applying, they offer a good level of university education in Turkey and Europe, where private universities in Turkey are ranked among the best universities on the planet At the local, national and international level, as well as between European universities.
In the case of private institutions, the only requirement for academic registration and admission is a high school diploma, unlike public colleges, which require additional requirements that we will discuss in the following paragraphs but first, here are the documents to be submitted:
- A copy of your passport.
- Secondary school completion certificate including an acknowledgment of the student's academic subject grades.
- If you plan to study in English at university, you must have a certificate of proficiency in English as a foreign language, such as the TOEFL test .
- If you want to study for a master’s degree at a private Turkish university, you will need a letter of recommendation, letter of recommendation or letter of nomination.
Scholarships offered by the Turkish government
The Turkish Government Scholarship is one of the most important scholarships in the Middle East, receiving a large number of Arab students every year because it is fully funded by the Turkish government and offers a wide range of study programs to suit students at all levels of undergraduate education, including scholarships for undergraduates and undergraduates. Masters and PhD students and researchers.
The most important advantages of Turkish scholarships
The Turkish scholarship is characterized by a number of characteristics that make it one of the best and most important scholarships available to students in the Arab world, allowing them to study in Turkey at some of the best universities without incurring any costs from the beginning of travel to the end of the scholarship and study, and return to their home country with a university degree, and the benefits are summarized in The Turkish scholarship is in the following table:
- The Turkish government scholarship covers travel fees from your home country to Turkey, in addition to travel costs from Turkey to your country at the end of the study years. The scholarship covers the student’s living expenses in addition to providing adequate housing for the duration of their studies.
- During his stay in Turkey, the student is covered by health insurance. The scholarship covers the costs of studying the Turkish language for a full year before starting studies in your major.
- The student is given a monthly stipend to cover his personal expenses. The student will be given a card that allows you to use Turkish public transportation for free. With the scholarship , you can enroll in a number of the best Turkish universities.
Necessary information about studying in Turkey
- It is one of the best countries where you can study in private universities once you get your high school diploma and without any hassles.
- If you get a scholarship to study in Turkey, you will be provided with health insurance in addition to a card exempting you from paying the costs of public transportation and other expenses.
- Turkey has a large number of well-known public universities and their high educational standards, as well as public institutions that are among the best in the world.
- Turkish public universities are well known all over the world.
- Compared to the rest of the world, which provides a quality education, the prices for admission to public colleges are very reasonable.
- The application deadlines for public and private Turkish institutions can be found on the university’s website.
- There are some Turkish public universities that allow you to study in English, allowing you to work and master the English language throughout Europe.
- There are both public and private Turkish institutions that offer prestigious medical study programs, despite the fact that admission to one of the medical study programs at state universities is very competitive.
- Medical study programs at public universities are designed to meet high standards and are supervised by the Turkish government and the Ministry of Higher Education to ensure highly qualified medical graduates.
- This was a list of basic basic information that you should be aware of before considering studying at a university in Turkey.
Let Us Contact You
To help you choose your major